render ice cube?

I try to use mantra ice cube for my obj. I change the tint and other relative color. However, when i render it out, the ice cube looks like white and black. Is there any place i have to set up before i can use it?

Thanks!

I try to use mantra ice cube for my obj. I change the tint and other relative color. However, when i render it out, the ice cube looks like white and black. Is there any place i have to set up before i can use it?

Thanks!

i tried the same thing and got this result.

post-2992-126827357724_thumb.jpg

i tried the same thing and got this result.

Sorry, fjeeds, I am new to here. I know I am not good at these stuff and Im learning it, so I asked some stupid questions to let you laugh at me. Never mind, I think it will encourage me to learn more before I post anything over here.

BTW, your result is a nice pic, positive.

Sorry, fjeeds, I am new to here. I know I am not good at these stuff and Im learning it, so I asked some stupid questions to let you laugh at me. Never mind, I think it will encourage me to learn more before I post anything over here.

Sorry man, just having a little fun :D

I was going to suggest the same thing as Macha but he beat me to it.

Your question isn't stupid at all. Rendering objects with complex reflections and refraction can be daunting.

A few things I would keep in mind when approaching an ice cube.

- Make sure your object has it's normals facing in the appropriate direction. A point or facet SOP will do the trick. Also, use render-time subdivision.

- Adjust the reflect / refract limits if needed.

- as already said, give your object something to reflect / refract in the form of an environment map or other objects.

Sorry man, just having a little fun :D

I was going to suggest the same thing as Macha but he beat me to it.

Hey, tjeeds, It is alright:) Don't worry about it. You know, girls are too sensitive, dont like your guys are sensible. :D and also last night was my class rough final due night, so im a little depressed and stressed. Anyway, It is good to know you(positive way, seriously! even tho i was a little sad about your post) and also thanks for your post. At least, I got some feedback and some friendly joke.

Have you tried using an environment map or setting the background color?

Your question isn't stupid at all. Rendering objects with complex reflections and refraction can be daunting.

A few things I would keep in mind when approaching an ice cube.

- Make sure your object has it's normals facing in the appropriate direction. A point or facet SOP will do the trick. Also, use render-time subdivision.

- Adjust the reflect / refract limits if needed.

- as already said, give your object something to reflect / refract in the form of an environment map or other objects.

Thanks your guys. It helps a lot. I will try it again! I really like to talk to your guys here. Thanks A LOT! :)

Tong Le