Fur - Using guides scale the furlength

Div

Hi,

I'm facing some problem using guides hairs with the fur tool. When i turn on "use guides" on the fur tool, the furlength is scaling down... The resulting fur length seems to be the old one multiplied by itself... Do you know how can i correct this ?

To see the problem, just add fur (using the shelf) on a sphere and paint few different furlength values (everything is ok if furlength is 1 for all your points), now go to the fur object and turn "use guides" to on and you'll notice that the fur is scaled....

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Nico.

1, bypass the fur>guide>apply_furlength sop. but if you want modify guides, this approach is not good. because guides will not same as output fur.

2, make fur node 'allow editing contents'. and move paint_furlength sop in the fur>skin node to fur>fur node. and connect it between merge_skin node and create_fur node. then you will not multiply furlength twice.

hope it's help.

ok.. i had a mistake.

just leave the paint_furlength sop in skin node.

and between merge_skin and create_fur node, add attribute sop and delete furlength(attribute).

(don't bypass apply_furlength sop)

Edited by yongbin

This is working great in the viewport, but not when i render the fur... I think it's because the fur object is not rendered, it's a procedural shader (shopnet1/furgeometry) who generate the fur at render time...

I found the way, thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction. I add an Attribute Sop to delete the furlength attribute in the skin_render object. I then change the object path of the merge_render_skin node inside the guides object to reference the node before the new attribute sop in the skin_render object...

Thanks again.

Nico