Exporting geo RIBs for SSS rendering

I'm exporting a geometry rib sequence to be used in maya and rendered as subdivision surface. Things go well until I set a shader override in maya to add a point based SSS-shader for the rib. The SSS naturally requires some specific ri options to exist for the geometry so that samples get distributed nicely. I have now Automaticly compute N for polygons, Interpolate Boundary and polygons as subdivision. Things allmost go fine, but some artifacts still appear when rendering. Maya Man seems to use SubD polys, interpolate boundry, and some "Smooth triangles" options for it's ribs and they work fine.

Has some one done this before and solved what options are needed to do this right ?

Thanks

Here's an image displaying some uneven point distribution of a pink goo with pointcloud SSS. Any ideas what might be the cause of this ?

Did you disable raster oriented dicing, hidden surface elimination, and backface culling?

If this isn't it, maybe try enabling "smooth" on the ptfilter call or subsurface() call?

Edited by brianburke

Did you disable raster oriented dicing, hidden surface elimination, and backface culling?

If this isn't it, maybe try enabling "smooth" on the ptfilter call or subsurface() call?

No I didn't. I'll check that today. Thanks for the reply!:)