Drop RBD object into Particle Fluid

doobeedoo

Hi!

In a new to Houdini and I am currently learning how to work with liquids.

I am trying to drop a couple of ice cubes into a glass of water and make them sink into the water. I am using a default emitter, with all default settings. I am filling up the glass, but when I drop my (default settings) RBD Object ice cube (with the same density as the water) into the water, the ice cubes just bounce of the water surface... I have tried turning bounce to 0 on both the water and the ice cubes, but it didn't help much. What setting am I missing?

:blink:

Thank you! I'll have a look through these videos!

Hey Hey

Welcome :)

DOPS is a little over whelming so to get you started, take a look at these series of videos

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1301&Itemid=132

and

http://vimeo.com/channels/54102#9618978

Covers on the exact thing you're trying to do.

hope this helps

• 10 years later...
On 4/30/2010 at 8:34 PM, doobeedoo said:

Hi!

In a new to Houdini and I am currently learning how to work with liquids.

I am trying to drop a couple of ice cubes into a glass of water and make them sink into the water. I am using a default emitter, with all default settings. I am filling up the glass, but when I drop my (default settings) RBD Object ice cube (with the same density as the water) into the water, the ice cubes just bounce of the water surface... I have tried turning bounce to 0 on both the water and the ice cubes, but it didn't help much. What setting am I missing?

:blink:

its the merge node its set default on left input effects right. So if you want the RBD to effect fluid, Put  RBD on left side of the merge and right side fluid sim