Volume Blendshape

pencha

I´m trying to implement volume blending without DOPs, but I could use some help.

here´s what I´ve got so far, it´s the core idea, it would also need some mixing and compensations so the outside of the volume stays at 0 density, but I´m actually having problems with the lookup of a point cloud from a volume vop. It´s not working as supposed and not even refreshing properly.I´ve already tried caching the point cloud but it didn´t help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EDIT: Now working, see next post and file.

Edited by pencha

• 2 months later...

This tool stood on the back of my mind, I just re-opened it and got it to work, it was just a "syntax error" on the VOP network.

It´s a blendshape but instead of blending geometry, it "blends voxels" (fog volumes or sdf).

Next steps are packing it as an OTL, with point filtering, documentation and some polish, but I don´t know when I´ll have the time, in the meanwhile, you can try it as-is, just play the timeline to see the blend.

There seems to be a bug and sometimes it doesn´t update some voxels (sometimes all of them) on the first start; if you are not seing the voxel teapot, play the other null and then go back to the OUT.

C&C welcome, let me know if you improve it.

volblend.hipnc

Edited by pencha

Try this version instead!

Changed pcimport for pcfilter, not sure it´s working as supposed (changing the number of points to filter doesn´t seem to have an effect) but it´s way less jittery, and not buggy on start-up.

volblend2.hipnc

Edited by pencha