pesky particle problems

woodenduck

Good morning, good people,

I have a cheeky little simulation that I can't quite tame. I have a piece of geometry which is emitting particles. These particles are then advected to smoke within a container. As the particle-emitting geometry moves around inside the smoke container I want to have seperate pieces of geometry that the particles collide with. I want the geometry objects to pass through one another while the trailing particles move around the stationary object. I have tried adding a collision pop as well as creating an rbd object in the autodop network but I can't quite get the correct results.So far, the particles just cintinue straight through the geometry. Hmmmmmmm....???

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

i'd have to guess the collision hint isn't set to the right setting. if your boxes are moving based on translations then the collision hint needs to be set to translating geometry, but if you have something like boxes copied to points (copy sop) then the boxes need to be triangulated and the hint needs to be deforming geometry