Smoke density not following Velocity?

melazoma

I have a vague feeling that the velocity shown and the force added via a vector field is not actually the velocity of the smoke. It may have to be copied onto the right field or something. Also, I noticed that you have 2 attributes called force, one a vector, the other a 3-float.

Well, I don't understand it well either, but here is an alternative version that uses a Gas Field VOP. I think it offers more control and seems to work better, and faster, although I am not exactly sure if this is good enough for you.

Bunker (Julien) helped me with a similar problem a while ago and provided me with this solution.

machaVelSmokeVersion.hipnc

Edited by Macha

Actually, try this file instead. I adjusted the settings to get something workable. It takes a bit of fiddlyfiddle.

It's working! Thanks for the help on the gas field vop.

And yes, the type mismatch on my force attribute definitely botched my attempt at building a force field grid.

it appears that if i have anything in the tangent sop that changes or deforms, isnt reflected in the gas vop, is there a way for the gas field vop to reevaluate the sop path in the file path for the pcopen

it appears that if i have anything in the tangent sop that changes or deforms, isnt reflected in the gas vop, is there a way for the gas field vop to reevaluate the sop path in the file path for the pcopen

I think appending [$F] to the end of the op:filepath will solve that.

I think appending [$F] to the end of the op:filepath will solve that.

ahh yes, i knew there was a short work around to get the recompile, much easier than making a custom velocity field and using vops to blend the two