Setting keyframe with Python

Mikal

Prob quite an easy one (am new to Python) but am having some trouble setting keyframes for a parameter in Python, and don't feel that enlightened after reading the help files.

for example I'd like to key the 'sizex' attribute on a box sop at frame 12 - so am trying the following:

myBox.parm('sizex').setKeyframe(12) - which returns me: TypeError: in method 'Parm_setKeyframe', argument 2 of type 'HOM_BaseKeyframe &'

Not quite sure what that's telling me, but given the Parm class appears to have it's own setKeyframe method, hopefully on the right track? but then I also notice hou.Keyframe & hou.BaseKeyFrame classes which confuses somewhat.

Any help would be appreciated!

M

Edited by Mikal

hou.BaseKeyframe is just the abstract base class for the hou.Keyframe and hou.StringKeyframe classes. Those classes inherit a bunch of the common methods from that class. If you try and create a hou.BaseKeyframe you'll notice that it has no constructor and you can't actually create one.