center of bounding box on each shattered piece?

Guest ravin

Guest ravin

Hi, I am shattering a geometry and then I want to attach a particles to each shattered piece. One solution would be to create bounding boxes for each shattered piece and then calculate the center of the bounding boxes and stick particles to it. How would I create a bounding box around each piece and calculate the center?

thanks,

Edited by ravin

Guest ravin

Thanks guys,

Now Once I have a point for each piece, I want the shattered pieces to move along with it. I tried using primitive SOP to transform the geometry but when I connect the shatter node to its first input and popnet to the other, I am not getting the result I am expecting. The geometry is connected and it pops in the beginning frame. Any idea how to fix this and have the individual pieces move along with the particles. I have also attached the file I was experimenting on.

thanks,

shatter_boundingBox2.hip

Guest ravin

Hey ya...the one u showed was helpful in moving the geometry based on points scattered in isoffset. If I use voronoi I will have nearly the same particles as shattered pieces but in case I use some other fracturing technique it wont match. So bounding boxes would give me a better result and the result will always match. The geometry moves with particles in the example u showed but when I tried the same with this one it wasnt matching. Can you explain me why in your example u assign a normal of 0 1 0 to particles and rotate th geometry by 90 degreed?

Guest ravin

One problem that I am having is that the shattered pieces move based on the particles which is fine but initially the geometry is fractured. I want it be such that it is intact initially and as soon as the particles are acted upon by forces, the pieces move along with it.

Guest ravin

How about this?

Hi,

Thanks for the example. The example works when you want something like your's effect. You are animating the uniform force. My task is that once you have a particle for each piece, the particles are being pulled by a force and so the geometry moves along with it. So initially the geometry is intact (doesnt look shattered) and as soon as the forces make the particle move, the geometry moves along with it and rotates accordingly. How would I achieve this using the copy SOP and stamping or some other way?

thanks,