Wire solver and wire simulations

Symbolic

Hi,

I have been working on a wire solver setup for a while. It is quite simple right now. I have been working on SOPs stage and on the DOPs stage. So all attributes are setup at SOPs level, kangular, klinera, dampangular, damplinear, density. This one single OTL that gives user access to ramps and numeric inputs. At the DOPs stage it is only a wire object, wire solver, a wind field with a noise and a drag force.

This simply builds and simulates wires being dragged behind a geo, like jellyfish tenticles.

And to be honest, after exploring the different aspects and gotchas... it kind of works. At this point I would like to ask for some further advice... What one might add to this setup to make it more interesting? Especially to the DOPs stage. Any experiences with a similar case?

Thanks.

Add constraints. The wiresolver as it is now has trouble accepting constraints. It's possible but fiddly to setup and unpredictable. Constraining rbd's, other wires, etc to it.

Hello Macha,

I have been looking at your vimoe page, good stuff man! Congrats! :)

What exactly you mean by contrains? I have for example 5-7 wires sticking out of a sphere... their root points are already the contrains? Right?

• 11 months later...

Try constraining some rbd objects onto a wire. I don't know about other people but I find it a tricky thing to get right!

There was a problem in H10 with mutual collision between RBD and cloth.

Now i need to make mutual constraint relationship between wire and RBD. RBD hanging on wire. I'm able to constraint RBD point on wire, but this is one way constraint.I need two-way relationship.I tried different approaches with anchors and ApplyRelationship...but nothing works. Is it possible? Thanks.

Edited by Stalkerx777