Circles in the bakcground

Hi guys,

Once in a while, when I render more than 1 frame and export it to a video. Circles will appear in the background. But when I only render a single frame, the circle do not appear. What might be the reason for that? I have attached an image-example to show you.

Thank's

Theis

post-4278-127938025972_thumb.jpg

What format are you rendering to? It looks like you are getting compression of your color range(banding). When you render a single image (if you are using the default settings) the image will be 16 bits. If you are sending that to quicktime, you can lose a lot of that data because of the compression to 8 bit. What codec are you using? h.264?

What format are you rendering to? It looks like you are getting compression of your color range(banding). When you render a single image (if you are using the default settings) the image will be 16 bits. If you are sending that to quicktime, you can lose a lot of that data because of the compression to 8 bit. What codec are you using? h.264?

Thank you! I rendered it to 640 * 480 16 bit and then compressed to "video". This time I did some changes with the lights and rendered a few frames to 640 * 480 32 bit and compressed it to "h.264". I think the results is a lot better, but I can still see the circles.

post-4278-127938940597_thumb.jpg

Thank you! I rendered it to 640 * 480 16 bit and then compressed to "video". This time I did some changes with the lights and rendered a few frames to 640 * 480 32 bit and compressed it to "h.264". I think the results is a lot better, but I can still see the circles.

When you have a gradient like that, you tend to get some banding with h264 compression. That's kind of unavoidable.