UV tiles :(

$HIP/blacksmith_color.10`$UV_POS1``ifs($UV_POS2== -1 , $UV_POS2==9,  $UV_POS2 - 1)`.tif

this is what i ended up with. I was pretty sure this was correct but obviously it isn't. lol.

this snippet is saying if uvpos2 = -1 then uvpos2 = 9, otherwise uvpos2 minus 1 right? or am i missing something. *thanks for the patience everyone :)*

This is the entire string I'm replacing in my project.

$HIP/texture/color.10`ifs($UV_POS1 > 9, $UV_POS1+1, padzero(2, $UV_POS1+1))`.tif

My files are named color.1001.tif -> color.1012.tif and uv_pos2 is always equal to 0 since I only have one row of tiles.

However, I think my expression would hold up unless I had 100+ tiles. In that case I would need to modify it to support numbers in the triple digits.

In my case, uv_pos1 equals 0 through 11, so all I need to do is add 1, and make sure single digit numbers are padded. ie 01 02 03 04, etc.

I'll have to check a project with multiple rows / columns and see if there's anything I'm missing.

This is the entire string I'm replacing in my project.

$HIP/texture/color.10`ifs($UV_POS1 > 9, $UV_POS1+1, padzero(2, $UV_POS1+1))`.tif

My files are named color.1001.tif -> color.1012.tif and uv_pos2 is always equal to 0 since I only have one row of tiles.

However, I think my expression would hold up unless I had 100+ tiles. In that case I would need to modify it to support numbers in the triple digits.

In my case, uv_pos1 equals 0 through 11, so all I need to do is add 1, and make sure single digit numbers are padded. ie 01 02 03 04, etc.

I'll have to check a project with multiple rows / columns and see if there's anything I'm missing.

Thanks. I'm using demo assets from the foundry. The blacksmith has 4 rows and 10 collumns. There something off at first glance *eyebrows on the chest.*. preview render/hip below.

post-4919-12814662068_thumb.jpg

uv_map_test_aug10.hipnc

Edited by bw5013

• 3 weeks later...