Houdini 11 and Ptex

• 1 year later...

H to all of You. I have the following problem. I have a piece of geometry that conprises of two meshes ( the faces are not connected), but it is one obj. I import it into mudbox and set it up for Ptex. After painting on it everything looks good but when I bring it back to Houdini and try to apply the texture, only one piece of geometry is getting it correctly. From what I reason, this is due to the way the faces are ordered ( id of primitives), on which the Ptex mapping depends. Now my question is what do I need to do in order to fix the issue. How do I need to sort the primitive id-s in order to get the correct texture mapping that I see in the viewport of Mudbox. Btw it all works just fine when I have one piece of geometry.. I see ptex being advertized as a format that can texture multiple meshed models and keep all the textures into one ptex file so I guess its possible to do that. The question is really how would I do it in Houdini. Any help will be greatly appreciated !!!