Hou11 - dynamic voronoi fracturing

asnowcappedromance

Hey,

I've just installed the new Houdini 11 apprentice version and was eager to test out the new voronoi fracturing workflow.

Somewhere in this forum I found a way to visualize the fracturing process within the Sop Level and then pass the data

via python code to the doplevel.

That seems to work just fine, but when I actually start cooking the simulation, it takes awefully long to process.

(seems to run multiple fracturings instead of only one fracturing per impact)

Can someone help me fix my file? just basic stuff ...

thanks in advance,

Manuel

hou_fracture_test.hipnc

Hi Manuel,

I put an example file here, but sounds like you may have already seen it.

Somehow in your setup you set the "Number of Objects" in the rbdobject1 DOP to 6, meaning you created 6 overlapping cubes. When they started fracturing, they all overlap and cause all kinds of problems. Just set it back to 1, or use an expression based on $OBJ to offset them from each other if that's what you were trying to do.

Also, you might try setting the Substeps of the DOPnet to 2 (makes for a smoother transition from intact to fractured), and turn the number of collision passes down on the RigidBodySolver, like 2,2,2 for Collision, Contact, Subcontact passes.

Hope that helps.

Edited by johner