copying several points to popnet using copy SOP?

Guest ravin

Guest ravin

I am trying to copy several small spheres to popnet particles using a copy SOP. So lets say I have 10 particles moving under a force, and I want to copy 100 small spheres to each one of them such that it appears that 100*10 particles are being influenced. Using the copy SOP how can I distribute these spheres around each particles in a random and well distributed order and give them slight random movements?

thanks,

I don't have Houdini on this machine so I can't send you a file but if I understand you correctly you could probably create a stamped random vector and add that to the spheres' original position. During animation you could add noise, rather than random movement, to it with an expression or a chop.

Edited by Macha

Guest ravin

I don't have Houdini on this machine so I can't send you a file but if I understand you correctly you could probably create a stamped random vector and add that to the spheres' original position. During animation you could add noise, rather than random movement, to it with an expression or a chop.

Hey,

I am able to attach the spheres to the particles as per your advice. How can I add noise so that the copied particles instead of maintaining a constant offset, have some movement? If you could send me an simple example whenever you are on a machine that has houdini, that would be great. I am also attaching my file which is a very simple setup.

thanks,

Guest ravin

Hey,

I am able to attach the spheres to the particles as per your advice. How can I add noise so that the copied particles instead of maintaining a constant offset, have some movement? If you could send me an simple example whenever you are on a machine that has houdini, that would be great. I am also attaching my file which is a very simple setup.

thanks,

This is the attachment I mentioned in the above reply.

copyMillionParticles.hip

Create your vectors and append a vopsop with a Transform Matrix node. Plug the vector into the position and promote the Rotate channel. Then you can rotate your vector on that vopsop. Perhaps right-click on the channel and add a motion effect.

Simple file attached. Sorry I couldn't do more for the moment.

quick.hipnc

Edited by Macha

Guest ravin

Create your vectors and append a vopsop with a Transform Matrix node. Plug the vector into the position and promote the Rotate channel. Then you can rotate your vector on that vopsop. Perhaps right-click on the channel and add a motion effect.

Simple file attached. Sorry I couldn't do more for the moment.

Thanks for the help.