Re-create Sci-Fi Art WIP - Steampolis

Zanozza

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello my friends!

Due very busy last couple of weeks, I had no chance to finish my challenge in time.

So, I'll show very small update that I've made after long, long delay. I spent today for procedural rocket and would say that will continue my project anyway. But in WIP area now.

As I could understand, the challenge has ended and some of us have no more time to finish.

Anyway, this is my rocket, finished in 60% of modeling.

post-2272-129506430888_thumb.jpg

Detailed view:

post-2272-129506449331_thumb.jpg

Short description: no intersections, tubes moves along the surface nicely, with length changing also.

I will add mode details very soon, but in WIP (am I right, dear moderators?)

Oh, one more thing. This ship will be not a part of huge Steampolis. This is a detail of his poster.

This is it:

post-2272-129506497256_thumb.jpg

And, for desert, let me explain a little bit, how do I see the world where the rocket came in to.

Just imagine the world, builded as crystal structure. Everything, every stone, every tree or grass - everything have a "voxel" structure but with a little bit different "bit" element.

This is my tool that I worked on last 3 days.

So, the process is: texture baking to vertex colors (or paint it directly) and then generate one size "bits" over the shape. Or any number non-intersected "bits":

post-2272-129506541739_thumb.jpg

After finishing of the rockets I will create the environment based on this tool.

Cheers!