Local Variable not recognized?

crahzz

Hey folks,

So here is the thing.

I have a POPnet in which I create 3 particle emitters; each with their own local variable. I output this to delete nodes (to get rid of the other 2) which lead to a geometry and copy network. I'm copying the spheres onto the particles. The thing is, all the particles have their own size within the local variable, but when using the stamp function to call it up I get an error. It's not recognizing the local variable.

I'm using it because it saves me an expression. I've added a screenshot to shed some more light on the situation.

When I display the delete node or the attribute create node the particles are still visible - but further down its broken!

Hope someone out there knows what the problem might be =D

post-6014-128635785562_thumb.png

Try wiring the attribute creates straight into the right hand input of the copy node. In the attribute tab of the copy node tick the "Use Template Point Attributes" box so it copies the variables from your points onto your spheres to pick up the scale attributes. Here's an example file to demonstrate what I mean:

copyingSpheres.hip

Try wiring the attribute creates straight into the right hand input of the copy node. In the attribute tab of the copy node tick the "Use Template Point Attributes" box so it copies the variables from your points onto your spheres to pick up the scale attributes. Here's an example file to demonstrate what I mean:

copyingSpheres.hip

Thanks a lot Tony, that actually works pretty good. One thing I have to deal with tho is that the particles have their own ID and size coming along with it. I want to take this size and apply that to their scale - So read out the local attribute I created for that. Im not quite sure how to get that to work within the add scale attribute.