SD-Import for H11

Hi.

I just installed the Realflow5-H11 plugins.

An animation-sd file created in Maya inludes a character-animation for about 100 frames long (that file is going to be used in rf5). When importing that sd-file into Houdini it shows only the first 21 frames. At frame 22 the character disappears. Unfortunately I can't change the frame range in the node. It always jumps back to 21 for the end frame.

In realflow this sd-file (the character) plays through correctly. Whats wrong here?

Edited by borisb2

If the SD file isn't too large, can you post it here so I can take a look?

Mark

thanks! Well, the sd-file is about 200MB. But I found a workaround: I wrote a small obj-exporter that fits my needs and import the obj-sequence in Houdini. That works :)

Maybe the sd-file was somehow corrutped - but then I don't understand whay rf5 reads that without problems..

Guest xionmark

thanks! Well, the sd-file is about 200MB. But I found a workaround: I wrote a small obj-exporter that fits my needs and import the obj-sequence in Houdini. That works :)

Maybe the sd-file was somehow corrutped - but then I don't understand whay rf5 reads that without problems..

Cool, glad you got it working. SD files are a pain, very unpredictable at times. I was hoping RF5 would have fixed them, but it appears to be the same format. If you need to dump the contents of an SD file, I have a utility that will do so: http://www.digitalcinemaarts.com/dev/real_flow/download/dump_rf_gcc3.4.tar.gz

Take care,

Mark