solving dynamic number of wires

jhiggins

So, I'm having lots of fun with wires in houdini, specifically in DOPs!

What I'de like to do is use a POP network to emit particles which i'll copy my wires onto and then run those wires through a Wire DOP sim, but I'm not having luck solving a dynamic number of wires in DOPs.

I tried using the particles as they were just emitted ( $AGE==0 ) have then connect the number of them to the number of objects in my Wire Object as well as setting up the name to use $SNOBJ to guarantee uniqueness, and that works well enough for emitting the wires, but the Wire Solver seems to bail complaining about topology do not match between Geometry and Input Geometry?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

jeff

Yeah there's actually 3 copies of geometry stored in each Wire Object; Geometry, InitialGeometry and RestGeometry. At one point I was attempting to cut some wires with a series of SOP Solvers hooked into a MultiSolver, but no matter what order I tried it in it gave me that same error about matching topologies. It'd be great to figure out how to modify them on the fly and add points without spazzing them out.

• Like 1