More Shader questions

Tannins

Anyone be able to point me in the right direction here? I have a truck shell that has a really simple basic fire engine red shader on it now, but I would also like to have semi transparent reflection (that is also interactive with the environment - ie. if the camera is facing a the down direction, any surface that is facing up will reflect what is above it etc) of the environment around it. If that makes any sense. Any thoughts? Would i have to place cameras that are somehow the reflection angle of the original camera off of a surface? Surely there must be an easier way to do this.

post-6158-128899090445_thumb.jpg

yo dude, i think your overthinking it a little bit. h11 makes car paint super easy. if you throw down a 'surface model' node, you only need a couple steps to get some nice car paint.

1 - enable fresnel blending

2 - add some diffuse in the base colour of your paint

3 - add some blurry reflections (angle of at least 15 probs) in the same color of your base color. the more of this you add the more 'metalic' your paint is. to make it metalic, set the reflection minimum to values greater than 0. likewise with the intensity, the greater the reflection minimum the greater the 'metalicness'.

4 - add some sharp reflections with no color, this is the 'clear coat' layer.

5 - party

mantra + surface model takes care of reflecting your lights and your scene with a good deal of physical correctness right out of the box

post-4364-128900972837_thumb.jpg