Houdini Apprentice, Ubuntu 10.04 and Wacom

wiz4rd

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody is able to get pressure sensitivity for the Sculpt-SOP under Ubuntu 10.04 (64 bit) with the BambooFun (CTH-661) or any other Wacom tablet using the latest linuxwacom (0.8.8-10) and xf86-input-wacom (0.10.8) drivers?

I vaguely remember that it worked a while ago with H10, and therefore at an earlier stage of linuxwacom development.

While the latter is coming along nicely -- stylus working, touch and multitouch gestures also, more or less --, I've seem to have lost pressure sensitivity inside H11.

Just want to make sure, if pressure is working at all under Ubuntu 10.04.

If so, which tablet model do you use, and how is it configured?

If not, does anybody know, if it will work sometime -- preferrably sooner than later?

Thanks,

- wiz -

I don't ever use my tablet with Houdini out of preference, but I tried it and I'm getting the same results. No pressure sensitivity with the sculpt SOP.

I'm using xf86-input-wacom 0.10.8 under Gentoo x86_64, gcc 4.4 / glibc 2.11.2 with an Intuous 3.

I do regularly use my tablet in both Mari & Gimp where the pressure works fine, so perhaps this is a Houdini 11 issue.

I'm using xf86-input-wacom 0.10.8 under Gentoo x86_64, gcc 4.4 / glibc 2.11.2 with an Intuous 3.

I do regularly use my tablet in both Mari & Gimp where the pressure works fine, so perhaps this is a Houdini 11 issue.

Maybe it is, if SideFX changed something in the way tablets are addressed.

As I said before, pressure used to work in H10. But I think that was before xf86-input-wacom was used -- Ubuntu 8.04 maybe? Then it must've been with Xorg version <0.1.7 when linuxwacom 0.8.x was still being used.

[OT]

While pressure is indeed working fine in Gimp, there are a few other things that don't work that well -- at least for me --, like being unable to drag out guidelines with the pen and sometimes not even with the mouse. Can't figure that out either. Might be something with the linuxwacom drivers, or with Gimp. Or a bit of everything...

These are the times when I seriously consider buying a Windows 7 license ;)

[/OT]

Thanks for checking, anyway!

Maybe it is, if SideFX changed something in the way tablets are addressed.

As I said before, pressure used to work in H10. But I think that was before xf86-input-wacom was used -- Ubuntu 8.04 maybe? Then it must've been with Xorg version <0.1.7 when linuxwacom 0.8.x was still being used.

[OT]

While pressure is indeed working fine in Gimp, there are a few other things that don't work that well -- at least for me --, like being unable to drag out guidelines with the pen and sometimes not even with the mouse. Can't figure that out either. Might be something with the linuxwacom drivers, or with Gimp. Or a bit of everything...

These are the times when I seriously consider buying a Windows 7 license ;)

[/OT]

Thanks for checking, anyway!

Not a problem.

It would be worth letting support know about your issues. I would imagine they have access to something recent enough to have the xorg + hal + xf86-input-wacom combo.

Not a problem.

It would be worth letting support know about your issues. I would imagine they have access to something recent enough to have the xorg + hal + xf86-input-wacom combo.

Exactly! That's why I already posted something similar to this on the SideFX forum.

Unfortunately, no replies so far.

But maybe it takes a little more time.

On a side note, Ubuntu 10.04 doesn't use HAL anymore, so configuration through .fdi files is impossible.