Generating Debris Continuously with Copy Objects

locvio

Trying to use help's simpleCopy example, but emit as many chunks as necessary.

.../examples/nodes/dop/copyobject/SimpleCopy.otl

The way the example works, objects are copied onto pre-set geo points,

and turned into RBDs.

I want to generate new objects on every frame as opposed to just

on one frame, (changing activation to = 1 on the CopyObjects node..)

CopyObjects -> RBD State to Override P and V

Basically the goal is to keep emitting debris from a point set and have the debris collide with other geo..

No luck yet.. Any pointers are appreciated!

thanks!

I have an idea, but I don't know how to do it properly...

On your copyobjects dop you can set the Activation to something like $F%10==1, so that you get a new set of copies every 10 frames. Toggle "Copy Objects Created by this node".

This will give you new copies. However, the position coincides exactly with the previous spheres, so they are invisible.

So, you need to go into the node below (override P and V) and set its activation to the same expression. Now you get new copies every 10 frames, but they start at the original position! Obviously that's not what you want. So you need to find a way to get around this. My idea would be to use the creationtime, compare it to $ST (???) and if they differ use point positions, and if not, keep the new position.

The bit I stumble over is how to get the creationtime. It's obviously visible in the details view but I don't know how to get at it.

thanks!

I think it might be a bug that the only way to get this node to copy on every (Nth) frame is with Toggle "Copy Objects Created by this node" .. As that seems to copy what the node

already copied. Acc to the docs it should be possible to create a "steady stream of objects" by just changing the activation..

I was able to get it to set initial positions successfully using $ST == $OBJCT in activation of the override node.. so the position is only set on the frame that the object

was created...

Edited by locvio