RBD Overlapping Boxes

Nahuel

Hey all, I have a scene where i emit from particles (boxes) and then i use rbd fracture so they can be used in the DOP network. The problem is that i get like 2 boxes overlapping for each emissionw. I don't know why that is happening.

Attached are some images and the scene file.

post-6285-129864861529_thumb.jpg

post-6285-129864931896_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

Nahuel

particleBreak_2_OVERLAP.hipnc

Edited by Nahuel

The problem is caused by the fact that your birthed particles live for 2 frames instead of just one even though you are setting them to have a life of only 1 frame. The particle must be birthed and then told how long to live and then go another frame to have lived that long. A solution to this problem is to create a Birth Group on the Location POP that only has members that were just born and use that group as the Template Group for your Copy SOP.

However, I think there's a much better way to do this. Right now you are constantly creating new RBD objects every frame, many with no geometry. A better solution is to use an RBD Point Object to drive your box emitting from just the output of the POP network and a box. No need to copy or group things. See the attached, modified file.

particleBreak_2_OVERLAP.hipnc