Dent_Fractal render artifacts (MPR & PBR)

G'morning,

encountered these render artifacts while using dent_fractal. At first i thought the problem lies in my rock geo, not until i unplugged the displacement shader and all of them were gone. Low or high values for the displacement didn't make them go away.

I turned to Micropoly instead of PBR which miraculously gave me a much better result with tiny black spots still haunting me. Really puzzled what's happening here, somebody please. =_=

eitht.

post-5626-130237101863_thumb.png

antiAliasedNoiseVOPSOP.hipnc

This is a classic displacement bounds issue. What's happening is that your displacement shader is pushing geometry beyond the bounds that mantra has defined. To fix this drop a Properties SHOP, connect it to the suboutput in your material, and add the displacement bound rendering property. A value of .1 seems to work in this case.

This is a classic displacement bounds issue. What's happening is that your displacement shader is pushing geometry beyond the bounds that mantra has defined. To fix this drop a Properties SHOP, connect it to the suboutput in your material, and add the displacement bound rendering property. A value of .1 seems to work in this case.

danBode, second time you've helped me out. ;)

Problem solved, have a good day!