apply relationship dop

MENOZ

oh thank you, yes this works.

why if I use a hard constraint relationship it explodes?

I see that there is the parameter "Number of Relationships": Specifies an exact number of relationships which will be created. The Affector Objects and Affected Objects fields are evaluated once per relationship

how that works? is there a way to recreate the setup in the example you provided by setting manually 16 along with anothother "create relationship" parameter?

Edited by MENOZ

why if I use a hard constraint relationship it explodes?

I think it's a conflict between constraint and rbd. It should work if you choose a different anchor, one where you specify surface points.

is there a way to recreate the setup in the example you provided by setting manually 16 along with anothother "create relationship" parameter?

Hm, I don't really understand, sorry.

Edited by Macha

sorry, my question was "is it possible to recreate that setup by setting directly 16 as number of relationship?"

but going into deep I discovered that I need to restart from the basics before this kind of questions.

so I change my previous question with: a relationship is a piece of data? I suppose yes, so my next questions will be based on this assumption ^^

another very basic question could be : what exactly are affected and affector objects? I need an effector even if I want to stick one object at random points in the space? can I leave the affector field blank? Or I need to set those point as affector?

also I'd like to understand the "loop" of each mode to create the relationship.

In the telp it's explained but I don't get it..

Number of Relationships : Specifies an exact number of relationships which will be created. The Affector Objects and Affected Objects fields are evaluated once per relationship.

Ok, so I set say 6 relationship. then the node creates all relationships and then for each relationship it attaches one affected and one affector? :blink:

Or maybe It loops the affected, and for each one it creates one relationship data, then it loops the affector and do the same?

with this node I shoud create the relationships data, and specify an order in wich the object are processed, so with the stamping I can fill the relationship data with the proper affected and affector based on the order defined before. It's correct?

sorry for the long post and various questions condensed..

Can anybody help me please?

I don't understand how the $INPUT local variable works. I think that this should be connected in some way to this:

I see that I can create a Relationship in wich I have one object in ObjInGroup (affected) and many objects in ObjInAffectors. How does houidini works in this situation?

I initially thought that a relationship is between 2 objects only, so for each pair I should have a relationship, but this is different.

thanks..

• Like 1

Andrea, if you look closely to what's happening in your details view you can figure out how the whole relationship stuff works, or at least make more sense of it. I'm sorry I can't be more specific but I still find it a bit of a trial-and-error thing myself. The most knowledgable person I know with this matter is in fact Johner. I hope he doesn't mind his name dropped here like this, but he's the humble expert when it comes to that node, I think!

Edited by Macha