adding a menu item to the network editor right-click menu

macka

Hey all, I'm new to houdini, and developing interfaces to in-house software tools. I've been reading this forum for a little while, and it's been a great resource! I can create shelf-buttons, put items into the main houdini menus, and am getting around the python worlflow fairly comfortably - but, i can't seem to find where to edit right-click menus in different parts of the interface, or even whether it is possible.

I can see that OPmenu has some right-click menu functions, but it seems that OPmenu is limited to when it clicks on an actual operator in the network view... I wanted to add something to the general menu that comes up when you right-click an empty space in the network view....

is this posible, and if so does anyone have an example of how to do it??

cheers!!

• 3 years later...

I know this is a very old post but I am wondering how can be done? I am not asking if that can be done, because I have seen it in a major studio I was working in London. Actually it was node based, for example RMB on a null you had some extra items than in the other nodes. 

I know this is a very old post but I am wondering how can be done? I am not asking if that can be done, because I have seen it in a major studio I was working in London. Actually it was node based, for example RMB on a null you had some extra items than in the other nodes. 

Take a look at OPMenu file in $HFS/houdini folder. You can define your own menu actions there. It uses hscript for callbacks, but you can use 'python' hscript command to call python. :)

Good luck.

Take a look at OPMenu file in $HFS/houdini folder. You can define your own menu actions there. It uses hscript for callbacks, but you can use 'python' hscript command to call python. :)

Good luck.

Thanks Alexey, I love these small hacks in Houdini.