make breakable added control

pgrochola

Hi,

I've been playing around with the "Voronoi fracture configure object" and it's generally doing a great job.

One thing I'm stuggling with is getting a veriety of chunk sizes.

As far as I can tell the impact radius doesn't give me control over the size of individual pieces, just where they are created.

Does anyone know a good way of getting control over chunk shattering on a more "manual" way?

For example, after the initial break I want to pick out a chunk and fracture it again into really small pieces.

What would be the best way to go about this?

Thanks!

I haven't gotten into fractures in Houdini, but I am sure there is a way to control the fracture size based on a ramp value. Saying that the closer to 1 the value is, the smaller the pieces are, then just use a radial ramp to fall it off to the large slabs of material. or even have it not fracture at 0. I would imagine that this could produce some very nice bullet effects... maybe I should give this a shot, it sounds like fun.

I haven't gotten into fractures in Houdini, but I am sure there is a way to control the fracture size based on a ramp value. Saying that the closer to 1 the value is, the smaller the pieces are, then just use a radial ramp to fall it off to the large slabs of material. or even have it not fracture at 0. I would imagine that this could produce some very nice bullet effects... maybe I should give this a shot, it sounds like fun.

Sounds good. If you figure it out let me know!

I am still very new it Houdini. I haven't even figured out how to make a radial gradient yet or shatter an object, let alone combining the two... so it may be a while. I just know that as a thought experiment, that method is sound. I will be trying to figure it out over the next few months though.

Edited by Adam Ferestad