Hide File DOP from viewport??

omg. I can't figure this out.

I just baked out a static RBD to speed up the simulation of the active one interfacing with it. Everything works nicely ... however, once I switched from the RBD DOP to FILE DOP, I lost the control provided by the "display geometry" parameter.

I tried selecting the File DOP, and then activating the "visibility" tool in the Model panel, but no dice.

The node itself, in the network view, does not have a visibility tag that can toggle, as it is a member of the AutoDOP network and only one node is visible at a time (not sure why this works that way, but it seems to be the default).

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

omg. I can't figure this out.

I just baked out a static RBD to speed up the simulation of the active one interfacing with it. Everything works nicely ... however, once I switched from the RBD DOP to FILE DOP, I lost the control provided by the "display geometry" parameter.

I tried selecting the File DOP, and then activating the "visibility" tool in the Model panel, but no dice.

The node itself, in the network view, does not have a visibility tag that can toggle, as it is a member of the AutoDOP network and only one node is visible at a time (not sure why this works that way, but it seems to be the default).

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Can you post a quick scene for me to look at (I'm sure a few people here can do it off the top of their heads), but it's a bit hard to visualize what you're on about.

A quick thought of some things it could be:

When you make something into a static object, it might create a dopimport in the original sop node, just make the vis of the original outnode to the viewport display (blue).

If you have the vis of the static object on in the autodop and can vis it when looking inside of the dop, but then don't see it when you jump back out, then it's your vis sop/DOPIMPORT which will be looking at something like "Geometry/Visualisation", just remove the Vis.. bit.

Send me a scene and I'll be able to better tell you why you can't see it.

Christian

Can you post a quick scene for me to look at (I'm sure a few people here can do it off the top of their heads), but it's a bit hard to visualize what you're on about.

A quick thought of some things it could be:

When you make something into a static object, it might create a dopimport in the original sop node, just make the vis of the original outnode to the viewport display (blue).

If you have the vis of the static object on in the autodop and can vis it when looking inside of the dop, but then don't see it when you jump back out, then it's your vis sop/DOPIMPORT which will be looking at something like "Geometry/Visualisation", just remove the Vis.. bit.

Send me a scene and I'll be able to better tell you why you can't see it.

Christian

Hey Christian,

Thanks for the reply.

So it was my bad - I'm new to Houdini, and I wasn't really understanding how the DOPimport thing was working back into the original SOP network. I had some objects from within the autoDOP visible, and some objects from the root level SOP networks visible.

It's all tidied up now with the imports / object merge nodes.

Thanks again!

Matt