igniting fuel with burn field.

anupamd

Hey guys, Im trying to ignite some fuel using a custom burn field (the burn field is created with particles).

I've got everything hooked up and working, the fuel is advecting nicely, the burn field is there, but the problem is that the burn field is not causing the fuel to heat up and ignite. (regardless of what ignition temperature I set)

I dont know why that is happening. Is there something fundamental Im missing?

ps: Ive tried creating a custom fuel field, and letting the temperature from the source ignite the fuel, that seems to work just fine. But I'd like the fuel to advect with the souce, and then ignite it using a localized pocket of heat (hence the burn field).

Thanks a lot, I've attached the .hip file.

-A

you know what yea I got that all mixed up, burn and heat are defiantly a product of combustion, it doesnt cause it. I got confused when the smoke solver asks for "heat source" and you set it to "burn". I was under the impression that the burn field is the source of heat, which then causes the combustion. If I am correct Fuel, combined with temperature causes ignition, which produces burn and heat and so forth. (you control how much combustion and when by adjusting the ignition temp..etc)

Should be as simple as just using the particles to create a temperature field, so I'll give that a try and report back. (and post the hip)

Thanks for the clarification,

-A