Particle instance

junyd

Hi all,

How do i particle instance. I have tried using instance node but it only asks for single object. i have multiple broken chunks and i want to associate them with particle and i also want to add rotation and scale parameters. can anyone recommend me any old thread that has discussed it before or any suggestions?

thanks

Edited by junyd

What CtrlLoki suggests will work if you want to copy random chunks that didn´t exist previously over particles.

If you are trying to tie preexisting chunks to particles, a primitive SOP (using the second input) and a ForEach SOP should be enough to get every chunk motion associated to each particle.

You definitely don´t want to use the instance node for that.

Do you mean with POPs or with DOPs? If you are in POPs all you have to do is go to the Collision POP and enable the "numhit" attribute. Now, you are free to play with that as you wish. For instance, you can group particles based on $NUMHIT>3 and do whatever you want with those particles, or directly multiply the rotation by 1/$NUMHIT or whatever fits you better.