Adam Ferestad

What is going on with my flip fluid?

I am trying to fill a glass with water for the default state of a test with shattering it. I just started playing with DOPS and I really have no idea where to start with the networks, so I have been sticking with the Auto-DOP setup and messing with settings. The fluids so far have been behaving as I expect them to, for the most part, other than collision detection and for some reason my fluid seems to be collapsing in on itself when I create it from a point cloud. I am attaching the file I have so far. I will have some questions with the fracturing too, but right now I just need to get the water in there to actually fill the cup. Sorry I don't have more time to fill in some gaps in my plans, but I have to get movin to class.

FluidGoblet.hipnc

I just noticed some of the latest Peter Quint videos having to do with fluids and i am going to have to spend some time with them. The worst part of my current schedule is that the time I have in my week to watch these, I am away from Houdini. Peter is an amazing artist and his techniques are really nice, I just need to get a weekend to myself without the fiancé around so i can get through these. I think I will be able to do it sometime soon, though with the school schedule I have this semester I am a little worried about time to write my own tutorials.

Thanks for the help, I think I will be able to get through this once I have time to do the PQ videos.