How can I find max impulse for each piece?

ehsan parizi

Hi,

As you know, we can use dopfield expression to get the data in dops, one of them is impulse when an impact happens, there are usually a lot of subimpacts (specially in case of fractured objects) that each one has a different impulse, I want to know how I can access the max impulse for each piece?

• 1 month later...

Hello there,

I was trying to do something similar. I used dynamics chop to get the impulse values for all the pieces. I am getting lots of impulse values for each piece per frmae. But I dont know any way of finding max value for each piece.

icmax() and / or foreach chop ???

Thanks a lot.

:)

max_impulse_calculation.hipnc

Hi Manu,

I think I got the solution. What I am doing is

1) Use FOREACH sop to process each imported geometry of dop obj.

In foreach sop -

2) Add points equal to total number of impacts on a piece.

3) Create point attrib maximpulse, it's value would be impulse value accessed through dopfield() expression for that piece.

4) Use point sop and use maximpulse attrib to set y position of each point.

5) Delete points if $TY!= $YMAX, so we are left with a point with max y pos and maxypos == maximpulse.

I didnt understand how to use arribute promote sop using sop solver. I am getting one max value for each piece only after promoting point attribs to detail attrib in foreach sop. But it is generating one single value for the entire geometry as it's a detail attrib, not for each piece. I am missing something. Could you please tell me.

:)

max_impulse_calculated.hipnc

Edited by sorry