l-system modeling problem

AlexP

Hello

I'm trying to find a solution to one problem with l=system.

I'm trying to make cuts in the tree.

For example, I have a tree height of 20, I need to make 20 cuts in it, to get 20 individual pieces. I do not know how to write it an L-Systems and is it possible at all. Of course I could just model tree and make cuts, but it not a good way. thank you and sorry for my english.

post-5169-131974187157_thumb.jpg

Hey,

Can you attach your scene file?

Hello

I'm trying to find a solution to one problem with l=system.

I'm trying to make cuts in the tree.

For example, I have a tree height of 20, I need to make 20 cuts in it, to get 20 individual pieces. I do not know how to write it an L-Systems and is it possible at all. Of course I could just model tree and make cuts, but it not a good way. thank you and sorry for my english.

Two ways I can think of:

As you grow the tree, you can put each section of the trunk in to a different group or assign an attribute and increment it per piece you wish to isoate. After the l-system, it is trivial to isolate each section either by attribute or group and then using a Divide SOP, extract the edges to get your cross-section profiles.

See the help on the l-system SOP to get the rule to create groups and attributes:

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini11.1/nodes/sop/lsystem

Edited by old school