reflection and refraction with Glass material

jim c

I'm using the default Glass Material/shader that comes in the Houdini gallery. I'm trying to make a floor (with a small amount of thinkness), that's made of reflective glass, and a underneath the floor some light lines that show through. I'm testing this with a teapot using a reflective shader.

If I set the external and internal IOR to the same value (say 1.4), then the blue light lines show through, but the teapot is not reflected on the floor's glass surface. If I lower the internal IOR, then the light lines do NOT show through any more, but the relfection of the teapot is visible.

Is it possible to have both? I've tried a bunch of different values and I just can't seem to get it. I'm limited (at the moment) to H10 and the micro-poly render. The only thing I can thing of would be to make a separate render take with different values and have a floor reflection plane that I composite back into the shot.

Or am I completely misunderstanding something? (this would not surprise me...)