Optimalization for simulation of Smoke Collum

eirik.m

Hello

I am currently simulating a smoke collum. The plate last for 2201 frames and the data load are immense. My simulation are down to 20 divisions but as the sim goes on the simulation time per frame are 1 minute and rising. Is there any parameters and atributes I can tweak to get the simulation time down to a reseonable level. Maybe to "kill" the smoke when it has exited the fram at the top? Or will it die as default after a certain time.

Thank you very much for answers! :)

- Eirik M

Eirik, you can try to resize the volume with a gasresizefluid. You can use a sopsolver to get your fields in, convert them and make a bounding box to use as a guide. You can even get a camera in and clip it by view frustrum.

The gasdissipate node might help to diffuse things when they are too old.

Get rid of all superfluous forces (gravity) and fields you don't need. If possible set forces to share their data. Perhaps some fields can have lower res.

See if single stage advection and single step method is sufficient for your purposes.

Use the file dop node.

If you have time you might even go bare bones and make your own smokesolver but that takes some time to get right.

See if you can get away with sops-pops only. You may not need to simulate.

Edited by Macha

My simulation is cahced to the disk now. I cached it via the pyrofields within lowrespyro node. I check on the "load from disk" and dissbling my simulation. But when I'm scrubbing through the timeline, nothing happens. Is there some other nodes that I must load it from? The filenames of the cache simulation is .bgeo.gz. And I recon that this is the right filename and compression?

Found it! :P

- Eirik

Edited by eirik.m