Question about Export CHOP node

hopbin9

I'm loading in some animation from a bclip file in a CHOP network, and then applying the animation to a character rig using an Export CHOP.

The problem I'm running into is that the bclip file doesn't always have the same chop channels in it. Some channels are not saved, cause they weren't needed.

So when I load the file using a File CHOP and then connect it to an Export CHOP, then I get stuck trying to figure out what to put in the Path parameter. If I put an * then it exports all the channels but onto all parameters on the target node.

All my channels are named the same as the parameters on the target object. How do I tell Houdini to use the channel name as the path?

If you middle click, does it not tell you the channel names?

Thanks for the reply, but I think I solved it.

Turns out that I didn't need to use the Export CHOP node.

I just had to make the Export Prefix in the Common tab relative like "../../" and then Houdini auto mapped the channel names to parameters.

It would seem that the Export CHOP is for overriding non-matching parameters. Which isn't what I wanted.