Collecting SOP points

Kev

Hi! I have exhausted all of my own thoughts, and thought to pitch the idea to you gurus out there. Maybe you can help.

On an animated object, I have scattered points. I would like to emit a particle from each point, but only on the first time it passes a velocity threshold. I have it working for each frame that it passes the threshold, but cannot seem to collect all of the points in a group or give an attribute "switch" so they won't emit again later in the sequence.

I've attached a simple version. Thanks!

VelocityEmit.hipnc

I'll have a go at it tomorrow for you.

Maybe something like making a random number (fit to $RFEND) on each point saved to an attribute ($emit), then if($F == $emit, 1, 0).

That way each point will only emit on the random frame given to it.

If you want it to constantly emit from then on out, guess you could instead make a group that has if($emit < $F, 1, 0) to stick it in a group, then emit from that...

Hope that helps

Christian

I'm pretty sure I've got it working. Looked at magneto's post that was just before mine.

Solver SOP really is the way to go. I just needed to dive in there and figure what it was all about.

• Like 1

OK I added in a SOPSolver to keep the attribute etc...

Basically you just want to use a max, so it's going to generate the attribute based on the velocity, but if it's lower than the last frames attribute, it'll just use the last frames one. Meaning that if a point has had an emit value of 1, it'll always have 1...

Hope that helps, I've tried commenting as best I can in a hurry.

Christian

VelocityEmit_SOPSOLVER.hipnc