h12- flipfluids highres

nap

Hey folks,

I'm actually just about to go to naiad. just kidding :=)

For an example a really simple scenario:

see at the file.

How do I get the effect that the water is getting smoother and is going to settle down instead of coming more and more disturbant. But at the same it has to be extremely high resolution.

I only get the shapes of water when i have kind a heavy,concrete motion and streams in my fluid to the moment the water is calming down then it is going crazy and looks weird.

I like to create something like a pond but with collision to obstalces and borders.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Best greetings and thank you.

nap

h12_flip_fluids.hip

How do I get the effect that the water is getting smoother and is going to settle down instead of coming more and more disturbant. But at the same it has to be extremely high resolution.

You've got the Grid Scale set very low at 0.4, which means the underlying grid will be extremely high resolution. The default of 2 is usually fine in combination with decreasing the Particle Scale. You really should never set Grid Scale lower than 1, as then you won't even have one particle per voxel.

You've got the Grid Scale set very low at 0.4, which means the underlying grid will be extremely high resolution. The default of 2 is usually fine in combination with decreasing the Particle Scale. You really should never set Grid Scale lower than 1, as then you won't even have one particle per voxel.

Okay that makes sense, thanks johner.

But still, the water appears blobby and after a while instable/getting more turbulent. Do I miss a parameter or should I apply one specific gas micro-solver. Now I will try just to decrease the partilce seperation, particle scale radius and also put the grid scale to something like 1.7.

Would be greate if somebody can post his/her experience to gather more and more information and finally achieve really realistic results.

I think i am going to create a kind of a library. (The Wedge Rope is so essential)

Cheers

Edited by nap