difference between h10 and h11's pyro fx

dark_cry

Hi dudes, i'm learning the pyro fx of houdini. I downloaded the tutorial from sidefx about pyro fx and the tutorial was done by H10. I'm using H11 and there so many difference there that i'm confused. The author created simple tube and applyed fire from pyro fx shelf. H10 created AutoDopNetwork as usual and automatically connected dopImport to the tubeSop. In AutoDopNetwork there are a bunch of nodes as usual. Everything is clear there in H10. BUT when I follow same steps in H11 there is a slightly difference between H10 and H11. Firstly, there is no any dopImport connected to the tube and the AutoDopNerwork is built in another way. There in H10 there objectMerge in AutoDopNet but in H11 there fewer nodes. I have no idea how the solver is recognizing the tube as a source. Need help :(

My recommendation is to go for H12. Specially for Pyro. The difference in both speed and useability is astonishing.

Also, I understand you want to use Pyro, but probably it isn´t the best place for starting your Houdini learning path. I say this because some of the questions you are asking are pretty basic and it sounds to me like you are new to the software. My appologies if this isn´t the case.

My recommendation is to go for H12. Specially for Pyro. The difference in both speed and useability is astonishing.

Also, I understand you want to use Pyro, but probably it isn´t the best place for starting your Houdini learning path. I say this because some of the questions you are asking are pretty basic and it sounds to me like you are new to the software. My appologies if this isn´t the case.

Yep, you're right, i'm just transitiononing from another package. Just there in odforce i get quick reply to my questions and users are advanced. That's why i use this forum. Thanks for reply

Guest mantragora
Just there in odforce i get quick reply to my questions and users are advanced. That's why i use this forum.

I don't think @Netvudu was saying that you shouldn't use this forum. He probably meant that you should't start learning Houdini from Pyro. There is really a lot of knowledge needed before you will be ready for DOPS. Just using shelf tools will not get you anywhere if you don't understand what is happening.

Edited by mantragora

I don't think @Netvudu was saying that you shouldn't use this forum. He probably meant that you should't start learning Houdini from Pyro. There is really a lot of knowledge needed before you will be ready for DOPS. Just using shelf tools will not get you anywhere if you don't understand what is happening.

oh sorry Netvudu, my fault... I started learning with procedural modelling, then some Hscripts then chops and now i'm learning Vex and Dops.

oh, ok that makes a lot more of sense. Specially starting with SOPs.

Can´t you install a H12 version? not even Apprentice? That way it will be much easier for us (at least for me) to help you without having to install an older version of Houdini.

Frankly, I´m not even sure I remember the layout of H11 Pyro networks, so H10 is reeeeeally deep into my brain´s recycle bin.

Anything you can´t follow with H12 networks, we´ll be happy to guide you through. :)

oh, ok that makes a lot more of sense. Specially starting with SOPs.

Can´t you install a H12 version? not even Apprentice? That way it will be much easier for us (at least for me) to help you without having to install an older version of Houdini.

Frankly, I´m not even sure I remember the layout of H11 Pyro networks, so H10 is reeeeeally deep into my brain´s recycle bin.

Anything you can´t follow with H12 networks, we´ll be happy to guide you through. :)

I finally solved the issue:) in h11 a bunch of nodes are packaged into 1 subnetwork but the algorithm is almost similar. So thanks guy a lot. BTW i already downloaded the h12 :)