rendering sprites and instancing volume on simulated points help

darkranger

frnds ..

i am trying out to acheive like a dust moving effect ... i can go the pyro way ... but i want it to use techniques like sprite rendering and volume instancing ..... but i am not sure or rather clear on how to properly attach sprites onto the simulated particles or even instance volumes onto the points and render them to look appealing ..( getting stuck in what to use as a proper shader to render it too )

please could someone give me some ideas or links how to acheive them with a fairly convincing look

i want renders to come out appealing and good with self shadowing and some nice variation ...

thnks in advance ...

even links to some online tutorials or pages on how to aceheive it will also be real helpful

frnds ..

i am trying out to acheive like a dust moving effect ... i can go the pyro way ... but i want it to use techniques like sprite rendering and volume instancing ..... but i am not sure or rather clear on how to properly attach sprites onto the simulated particles or even instance volumes onto the points and render them to look appealing ..( getting stuck in what to use as a proper shader to render it too )

please could someone give me some ideas or links how to acheive them with a fairly convincing look

i want renders to come out appealing and good with self shadowing and some nice variation ...

thnks in advance ...

even links to some online tutorials or pages on how to aceheive it will also be real helpful

Hi. I've never tried doing what your talking about but it sounds interesting to me as I would like to try a similar effect. here are some ideas:

1. Sprite instancing should be fairly straight forward: Sorry I dont have links but there are many tutorials on line on sprite instancing on particles.

2. the technique I would try is to emit density from particles within a smoke container. You dont have to do any simulation, you are just geenerating sphere of density at every time step in the smoke container.

3. Then comes the volume shader where most of the work is being done. You could break up the volume with a volume displacement shader.. there is an interesting technique for that here: Basically you want to break up your boring spherical blob of volume with some noise.

4. Once you have that you want the noise to sort of travel with your particle. you can use flownoise (pass in the velocity of the particle to flow the noise along the velocity of the particle).

As I said I've not tried it myself so probably left out some details.

-A

Hi. I've never tried doing what your talking about but it sounds interesting to me as I would like to try a similar effect. here are some ideas:

1. Sprite instancing should be fairly straight forward: Sorry I dont have links but there are many tutorials on line on sprite instancing on particles.

2. the technique I would try is to emit density from particles within a smoke container. You dont have to do any simulation, you are just geenerating sphere of density at every time step in the smoke container.

3. Then comes the volume shader where most of the work is being done. You could break up the volume with a volume displacement shader.. there is an interesting technique for that here: Basically you want to break up your boring spherical blob of volume with some noise.

4. Once you have that you want the noise to sort of travel with your particle. you can use flownoise (pass in the velocity of the particle to flow the noise along the velocity of the particle).

As I said I've not tried it myself so probably left out some details.

-A

hi anup .. thnku for the reply

ill do chek these links out ..seemm to be really cool :) thnks .. will post soon on my experiments