oversample source pop

yongbin

Hi, I made this today. and happy to introduce it.

oversample source pop. (apprentice)

It's concept is "oversample only source time". With tests, I think it will be useful some cases.

But, already I got some error and issues . I cannot fix these myself.

error - pop works badly with preroll time.

issues

1. When I update this otl. Houdini tells to me, It is referencing out side of the otl. I think it's no problem, but maybe not.

2. I don't know how to disable parms with multi cases. {emittype == edgeattrib || centerattrib} didn't work.

It is just rough idea and implementation. I am not very familiar with pops. There must be more errors I didn't noticed. please feed back to me or fix and upload here.

oversample_source_pop.hipnc

yb_source_pop.otl

Edited by yongbin

Very clever! I've seen methods that use 4 adjacents frames to build a spline that you can push birthed points along but i think this is more straightforward. Kudos :)

The preroll issue is interesting, not sure what's going on there but the fact that it gives different results every time you rewind to the first frame leads me to believe that it's getting garbage values somewhere. maybe someone more familiar with the cooking process of nested subnets could illuminate this.

As for the warnings, they shouldn't cause you any issues as long as you're using relative paths (and you are).

And just FYI, you can use a sopnet directly in a popnet rather than an object network/geo. Doesn't affect the function but it's a more simple and clear way to organize it.