Volume and Mass quandary

gaurav

As i understand collision and mass of a rbd object is calculated using it's volume data, However mass can also be set explicitly.

So lets say a rbd unit cube with "Density" 1 and "Volume Uniform Division" set to "5" a fairly low value. Given these values Collision guide geometry does not conform to the box at all.

Now with the rbd solver applied, Details view happily shows mass of 1.296 under its position data.

If the uniform division value is higher, collision viz conforms to the box nicely and mass seems to be reaching the correct limit of 1.

My questions are :

1. Why the mass of unit cube is more when volume / collision guide geometry is occupying visibly less space ?

It is counter intuitive to me. If the density is not changing, less volume = less mass.

2. Where can i find the volume property value in details view other than calculating using mass / density.

Clearly i am missing some basics here. DOPS noob !! :unsure:

Thanks,

Edited by vectorblur

So far my guess it that default SDF representation (negative inside) might be causing correct but seemingly inverse behavior.

Just wanted to confirm it and know where to find correct volume info in details view.

Thanks,