What does this dark green coloured parameter mean?

Hi everybody,

does anybody know what the dark green coloured parameter mean? I was trying to see whats inside an RBD object dop node, and I saw plenty of this dark green parameters and green parameters (see image).

And if im not mistaken, the dark green coloured parameter is being channelled from the RBD object dop parameter right?

There are so many parameters up there, and do you guys have any suggestion on how to find them easily when they are channelled like this?

Sorry for the quite silly question as my eyes were rolling when I dive into RBD object node... :blink:

Thanks a lot,

Shandy

post-4379-134053181714_thumb.jpg

Edited by sanlin

And if im not mistaken, the dark green coloured parameter is being channelled from the RBD object dop parameter right?

There are so many parameters up there, and do you guys have any suggestion on how to find them easily when they are channelled like this?

That's right, Many of these dop objects are hda's.

One way to see parameter dependency from top level is to right click on it > more >view dependencies.

Dark green color might be based on which color scheme you are using.

oh cool!! thanks! i never used the view dependencies before.

Normally I always go up one level and press the cog button on that node, go inside edit parameter node, and from there i always looking and searching at the "label" parameter which is having the same name as the channeled parameter.

A bit tedious though.

A parameter field that has a dark green background (with most desktop color schemes available out there) means that there is a keyframe set at the given frame. When the parameter changes to a teal blue color, this means that the parameter has keys and is animated. but no key is present at the current frame.

A key frame is required to specify the function that is used at that keyframe up to the next key frame in time. That key can hold any expression function or python function. There are quite a few default animation functions like ease(), cubic(), bezier(), linear() and more. You can also create a key and edit the function with any hscript function available in Houdini. By changing the parameter function from hscript to python, you can also have a python function bound to that keyframe.