Copy Objects DOP

bloomendale

Hi.

Could someone explain this node in detail, cause i read help card, played with it a bit and a couple of questions arised.

1) It deletes EVERY object passing through. Not only copied. What is the reason for that? I know there is Preserve option, but i think it's more convenient to delete only copied sources.

2) What is $OBJID in this node? Is it id of the object being processed or newborn copy object? For example Copy SOP has $CY and $PT for copy number and template point number. And how should i use Object Index field?Help says that "This parameter is re-evaluated for each copy made by this node".. If i type "$OBJID" in this field it will cycle through all available objids for every copy? or all copies for every obj id. Let's say i have 2 source objects (ids = 0 and 1) and want to make 5 copies, type $OBJID in Object Index field and it creates 5 copies of first source. Why?

3)What does "Copy Objects created by this node" do? does it prevent/allow copies made by this node to be copied on next simstep? If so how can it differ which one? By CopyInfo data?

4) Look at attached file please. I created very simple scene and what i want is to copy object every time it hits the ground and his $OBJCF != $SF. To do so i group objects with impact data, make copies only from this group, delete group. But it works only for first iteration.

p.s. I looked through examples (simple copy and autofracturing), but don't understand some order of the nodes in second one - don't know why it is working in this example and not in mine))

Thanks in advance!

3ak_CopyObjectsDOP_problem.hipnc