volume looks great in Render View but looks blurry in production rend

anupamd

Can someone explain to me, given the same mantra output node, why a preview render would look better/more detail/less blurry than a non-preview render. Also it renders a bit faster than the non-preview.

On the object, Dicing/Shading quality is set to 2.

So to be perfectly clear, all Im doing is toggling the "preview" checkbox and I see better results with preview than not. Im not changing any settings on the output driver or on the object..etc.

... Im really confused.

post-850-134103139679_thumb.jpg

post-850-134103143853_thumb.png

Oops.. the text is wrong in the image. The top image is with preview OFF and the bottom is with preview On. Yes there are artifacts with the preview version, but what you should look at is the detail you get in the volume.

Can someone explain to me, given the same mantra output node, why a preview render would look better/more detail/less blurry than a non-preview render. Also it renders a bit faster than the non-preview.

On the object, Dicing/Shading quality is set to 2.

So to be perfectly clear, all Im doing is toggling the "preview" checkbox and I see better results with preview than not. Im not changing any settings on the output driver or on the object..etc.

... Im really confused.

Preview uses raytracing exclusively. This means that if you use Micropolygon render for primary samples instead of raytracing or pbr, then you will see a change between preview and final render.

If you want the same look, try the raytrace render or pbr n the Mantra ROP.

• Like 1