strange behaviour when simming uprez without first caching lowrez.

anupamd

I have a strange problem with uprez pyro in h12.. If I just straight out export a sim from my uprez node without first generating my lowrez cache to disk.. I get strange results.

Like its almost a substep issue.. yet Im using 2 substeps in the uprez node. So I dont get it.

If I first cache my lowrez to disk, then use that in my uprez all is fine.

What Im trying to set up is for overnight renders: to just use the uprez node, dump an uprez cache, render the frame (including any .pc files..etc) , dump images.. move to the next frame.. and so on.

So again, that process does not seem to work if I dont first dump my lowrez.

Anyone experience similar behaviour?

Thanks!

- Anupam

I wish I could upload my hip file but NDA does not allow that. Perhaps I can recreate it in a test scene.

Im hoping someone has seen this.

Also Im using the original fluid source in my uprez. With no scaling on any of the soucre parameters (volume, velocity, temperature scale all set to 1)

Docs say to do this instead of using the baked source info.

-A

You can use Python or Hscript in the ROP output driver nodes to make the processes sequential.

Let's say your low res sim is being cached with a ROP output driver and after it's done you want to activate the ROP for the hi-res, etc...

in the post-render script of the first rop you can place an expression like this in hscript:

render /obj/dopnet2/rop_output_hirez

"render" is a command that will make the ROP run and "/obj/dopnet2/rop_output_hirez" should be the path to the ROP you want to render next.

Make sure you test before running the whole framerange overnight.

Cheers

Edited by rafaelfs

I use a rop network with a merge node and a few fetch nodes. Fetch in the rops and then merge them and they will render the rops sequentially.

That all works, but for some reason, the actual sim looks wierd.

But as I said.. if I do it mainually without using the rop networks.. its all fine.

Im wondering if there is some odd behaviour because it is essentially simming-rendering-simming-rendering.

perhaps if I try dumping out the entire sim first using python, then after the entire duration of the sim is on disk, then launch the render.

-A

You can use Python or Hscript in the ROP output driver nodes to make the processes sequential.

Let's say your low res sim is being cached with a ROP output driver and after it's done you want to activate the ROP for the hi-res, etc...

in the post-render script of the first rop you can place an expression like this in hscript:

render /obj/dopnet2/rop_output_hirez

"render" is a command that will make the ROP run and "/obj/dopnet2/rop_output_hirez" should be the path to the ROP you want to render next.

Make sure you test before running the whole framerange overnight.

Cheers