Optimizing Flip Renders?

nMolson

I have a VERY heavy scene with many high res flip simulations with high res particle foam and the renders are a big problem right now, im having issues getting even a single frame out (rendering just one sim at a time even) so im just wondering about some work flows and optimization..

Is there anything specific i can do to make my life easier come render time for this? so far im following the SESI waterfall render tutorial pretty closely.. can't really upload a scene as its so heavy but if its needed i can get 1 frame up or something..

also when it comes time for final render layers, do i want to render the water mesh and the foam particles seperately? im wondering how the refraction and what not will work with that.

Also, if the scene is this heavy as it is, will motion blur grind everything to a hault? should i be rendering some sort of motion Vector pass or render motion blur

I know this is pretty vague but any tips will be greatly appreciated

Edited by nMolson

Try the delayed load shader, that way your cache is loaded exactly at render time and it speeds up the render quite a bit.

I have a VERY heavy scene with many high res flip simulations with high res particle foam and the renders are a big problem right now, im having issues getting even a single frame out (rendering just one sim at a time even) so im just wondering about some work flows and optimization..

Is there anything specific i can do to make my life easier come render time for this? so far im following the SESI waterfall render tutorial pretty closely.. can't really upload a scene as its so heavy but if its needed i can get 1 frame up or something..

also when it comes time for final render layers, do i want to render the water mesh and the foam particles seperately? im wondering how the refraction and what not will work with that.

Also, if the scene is this heavy as it is, will motion blur grind everything to a hault? should i be rendering some sort of motion Vector pass or render motion blur

I know this is pretty vague but any tips will be greatly appreciated

What render engine are you using?

Are these water elements separate from one another? Do they need to be included in refraction/reflection of each other?

Refracted elements such as underwater churn and whitewater can have ray shading quality/shading quality set pretty low, especially if you are rendering motion blur.

Spray can be rendered separately, just make sure it's included as phantom in the other renders for refraction/reflection.

I would look into how far you can split everything out.

-ray

Edited by ikarus