Flip fluid + Hot

Hi!

So I simulated a flip fluid that looks like this currently 1343851187-clip-120kb.jpg

And i want to add a hot_ocean to it now? but only to the surface that is on the water level. not the one that is higher.

Is there any way to do it with VOP_SOP or some other way?

Thanks

Well a REALLY simple way would be to take the height of the plane and only add the ocean to that. You'll probably want to blend it a bit between grid height and whatever height you want it to stop at. Also I don't know how big that splash is meant to be, but the scale seems all off, I can't really work out what it's meant to be doing.

Maybe try getting rest attribute from first frame (if you don't have changing point numbers) and adding it to that.

I would apply ocean deformation to the surface, then blend between that and the original mesh based on speed (velocity magnitude). A fit and a ramp parameter controlling the mix will give you a good basic level of control.

well thanks fr the tips guys, i will try, but how exactly can you it? i'm kinda new to Houdini :)

The thing that is coming out from the water is about 15 meters, i so i made sure it's in a proper scale in houdini, by proper i mean 15 units. And system units are meters.

i'll make a playblast a bit ater on, so you can see if it's ok or not:)

Thanks

Sounds like you need to get a bit of a better overview before doing something specific.

Check out Peter Quint on Vimeo, he has loads of tutorials for free. Learn about attributes and how to store them/manipulate them, then use them to affect something else. Once you've got that this little project you're doing will be much easier to accomplish...

C

here is the playblast, so you can see what's going on in the scene. can you guys tell me if the scale really looks a bit off?

thanks for the tutorial link btw! will check them.

https://vimeo.com/46806877

once you eyeball both water and hot mesh more or less on the same level, you can probably group the edge of your water sim mesh and ray them on HOT mesh using ray sop.

• 3 weeks later...

once you eyeball both water and hot mesh more or less on the same level, you can probably group the edge of your water sim mesh and ray them on HOT mesh using ray sop.

so could you please tell us how did you finally achieve this ?

or could you post a little example hip file about this?