How to create shell for breaking

shilpesh

Hi all,

I want to create an effect where object will come out breaking it's shell and when new object comes out it has different shader and look. To create a shell I did a test with simple sphere. I made a copy of that sphere, then I scaled it down, after that I used cookie tool and attached the original sphere and scaled sphere to cookie. This gave me geometry which then can be used over the original sphere and this new geometry will act as shell. I am also breaking that geometry into different pieces using vornoi fracture tool.

But when I try to do the same trick on the model which I created things are getting bit complicated for me. It's a small section of my entire model. When I try to scale the model down so that I can later use it with the cookie tool it won't give me the same result which I am getting with the simple sphere. Sphere is distributed evenly on all the areas where my model has different proportions.

Is there any other trick which can be used to create shell for the face which I have created for my scene? I am attaching a file with this message to give you better idea about my question.

Thanks

Edited by shilpesh