CHOPS, Wire DOPS (or both)

Hi All,

I am trying create wire dynamic effects similar to those in this clip:

Video by Abstract Birds / Quayola - made with VVVV

I am using a simple Wave CHOP to drive the longer period wave on the splines but am a bit stumped on trying to recreate the pulse/spring motion which traverses along the splines (best example in the first 30secs of the clip).

Would it be best drive the pulse effect from within CHOPS or as a wire sim in DOPS?

Any tips would be much appreciated :)

Ok Looks like chops is the way to go - should have really looked at Old School's blog before sending the last post.

I have attached a simple version of the setup (go to HIP). Would anyone know why the values coming out of the CHOP net are producing a bumpy wave after being piped through a lag and spring chop (see image), and if so how could smooth the splines out?

post-7196-134631628988_thumb.jpg

CHOPS_Wire_Dynamics.hipnc

Edited by Wooshum

No problem, the reason why lag, spring, filter chops (or any other) wouldn't fix the problem is because it existed in the geometry before it was sent to the chop network. I believe if the geometry chop was set to static instead of animated, then a filter chop would have smoothed out the lines but in animated mode the position of each point over time gets filtered.